Brooklyn Plaza Medical Center, fully understands the importance of collaborating with community-based organizations and other local partners to reduce health disparities, as well as to increase access to primary and preventative health care services in the highest need areas of Downtown Brooklyn. This year’s Health and Wellness Expo will be held on Saturday, September 16, 2023, conveniently located outside the BPMC located at 650 Fulton Street, rain or shine!
– Fitness Activities for the Entire Family from from the National Double Dutch League, the Southbridge Fitness Center, Senior Chair Aerobics, Tabura African Dance Class and Zumba!
– Fun Activities and Free Books for Children & Teens (face painting, rock climbing and a gaming van)
– Health Screenings and Training (Blood Pressure. BMI, Genetic Cancer + Hepatitis C Testing, HIV Counseling & Testing + Prenatal Carrier Screening (you do not have to be pregnant to have this test)
– Plus, access to local Nutritionists, Cooking Demonstrations and Campaign Against Hunger Mobile Farmer’s Market
– Pampering/Grooming Suite (manicures, make-overs and shape ups)
Light refreshments and snacks will be available.. For More Information, call 718.596.9800 Ext. 217 or visit their website.